Though advertised as pollen-less, bees are still finding this sunflower irresistible. Perhaps there are nectar rewards. I watched the bee for quite a while to see if it stopped for a “big gulp”, but it seemed to just be searching and hoping to find.
- F4P 2018 June 1, 2018
- F4P @ HMR: Summer 2018 May 4, 2018
- F4P @ HMR Farm: Summer 2017 October 30, 2017
- How pollinator-friendly is your landscape? September 9, 2017
- Painted Ladies in the Garden September 9, 2017
- Stem nesting August 22, 2017
- A garden is a changing thing August 15, 2017
- F4P Morris Hort Night! July 28, 2017
Planting for pollinator health is on every gardener’s mind these days. While there’s lots of research on how native plants help pollinators, there’s not much on the interaction of pollinators and annual flowers. What annual flowers attract pollinators? We want to find out, so we designed these trials to address how home gardeners might help reverse pollinator decline.