Though advertised as pollen-less, bees are still finding this sunflower irresistible. Perhaps there are nectar rewards. I watched the bee for quite a while to see if it stopped for a “big gulp”, but it seemed to just be searching and hoping to find.
- A garden is a changing thing August 15, 2017
- F4P Morris Hort Night! July 28, 2017
- Hot and breezy July 17, 2017
- Pink Suntastic Bicolor sunflower … pollen-less, yet attractive July 12, 2017
- Video: Honey bee on dwarf yellow spray sunflower July 12, 2017
- F4P Living Lab and survey July 12, 2017
- Bugs are Buzzing: F4P at HMR July 11, 2017
- How this all got started: Pollinator counts in 2015 at the Arboretum June 29, 2017
Planting for pollinator health is on every gardener’s mind these days. While there’s lots of research on how native plants help pollinators, there’s not much on the interaction of pollinators and annual flowers. What annual flowers attract pollinators? We want to find out, so we designed these trials to address how home gardeners might help reverse pollinator decline.